Why uHIT Works
Case Study on three players from the same MLB organization.
All used uHIT Training during the 2018 MiLB season.
Here is how uHIT impacted their ability to become better hitters as they develop in the Minor Leagues.
Evan Mendoza (Player A), Andy Young (Player B) and Irving Lopez (Player C) used uHIT in 2018.
Below, we look at each of their triple-slash and/or plate-discipline numbers on-field to see the impact.
Player A (Evan Mendoza)
2017 Season – Before using uHIT at Class-A Peoria.
Triple-Slash Line: .270/.286/.419
2018 Season – While using uHIT at High-A Palm Beach
Triple-Slash Line: .349/.394/.456
- A Triple-Slash Line increase of +.079/+.108/+.037 while using the uHIT Training program.
- For correlation this increase came with a continuously improving uHIT score and a 20% increase in Accuracy %.
- This improvement led to a mid season call-up to AA Springfield.
- Even though AA did not offer the uHIT Training program, Evan Mendoza continued using uHIT on his own before games in the locker room as game prep.
- He reached the high minors (AA) for the first time and adjusted well:
Triple-Slash Line: .254/.315/.399
- The 2018 season led to Evan Mendoza becoming an organizational Top-30 prospect for the first time.
- This is an impressive feat for a former 11th round pick in the 2017 MLB Draft.
What Was Evan Mendoza’s uHIT Training On?
Hitter’s Eye Zone Enhancement (now called “Zone Recognition Training”)
Items We Notice in Evan Mendoza’s Hitting During uHIT
- Specifically notice the changes from Class A Peoria in 2017 to High-A (A+) Palm Beach in 2018.
- Nearly tripled his BB/K ratio at a more advanced level while using uHIT.
- Had a 145 point increase in OPS while using uHIT.
uHIT improves a player’s ability to recognize pitches inside and outside of the strike zone.
While also improving reaction time that allows for better quality of contact.